Wednesday 26 December 2012

Goody! New laptop! Don't have to post on that damn school PC anymore, thank god. You know it used to take a full half hour just to upload the post, and that it took three seconds before the key typed on the keyboard would actually appear on the screen?

Lag-gy.

Soo...spent WAY too much on it. Walked into the mad throng of Boxing Day sales expecting to pay $750 for a decent laptop, but of course the old "I'm sorry mister, but we're sold out. Buy this one." trick worked and now I'm stuck with a $1400 high-performance gaming laptop and $47 to my name.

But I love it.

For those tech-savvy people (geeks and nerds is the common term), its an (huge breath for excessively long name) HP Envy DV6-7215TX. I just call it a HP Envy. Works for me. Has 8GB of memory, 1TB drive, 2GB dedicated graphics, i7 quad core processor, 15.6 inch screen, and....dammit, that's all I can see on the little label thingy.

In other news, Christmas was fun. Insulted all the cousins, threw a couple in the pool, and parents bought the family a kayak. Sweet as. And my brother bought me a sort of decent game for my laptop. Well, its a good game, but I think Need for Speed is a little insulting to my maturity. I think my present was much nicer. A ticket to the next Disney movie. Not sure why he was glowering, he's sixteen for heaven's sake. Be happy!  I might see if I can get my...friend....to take my money and buy Black Ops 2. Or something fun with lots of zombies.

Sooooo.....thats all for today folks. Grandparents decided to hang around 'til Sunday (god help us all) but most others have vacated, so plowing through....yes, Need for Speed, and eating WAY too much chocolate.

And here's a video that Cousin #7 thought was funny.


Does anybody at all find that more than half-vaguely amusing?

No comments:

Post a Comment